Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Hike to the Hollywood Sign




Last weekend, my roommates and I hiked to the very top of the Hollywood sign. If you pace yourself, it is a 45 minute hike uphill from the Griffith Observatory...
We meandered along the mountainside...You can clearly see how polluted LA is from here. It's pretty disgusting and sad to know that I am breathing this air...:X
"She'll be comin round the mountain here she comes..."

Since there aren't that many annual trees around my apartment, it's nice to see signs of Spring here. It's always nice to see changes around you. It makes you appreciate the smallest things.
In a few months, these plants will dry up so fast to await the fire season to regenerate!
Beautiful tree trunk...The vegetation is so sparse here that I was literally thanking every tree for shade!
More hauntingly beautiful trees. There's something about bare naked trees that I absolutely loveeee. You can almost paint this tree.
You can slightly see the smog in this picture through the gradient in the sky...
"She'll be driving six white (brown) horses when she comes..."
Can I have a lift? It's quite awful smelling your crap while hiking uphill.
The closest we could get to the sign. Look ..the state flower..California Poppy!
Ah Ha! After a million huffing and puffing uphill under the blazing hot sun, we finally made it to the top. --African Savannah anyone?

I knew I should have rented out that Nikkor wide angle lens from Bel-Air Camera! :( I guess I'll take part of the sign...
Yup, no trespassing...Not gonna lie. I am so out of shape...
The "wood" in Holywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment