Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Heart Brooklyn

This past weekend, I had the chance to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and to hang out here. To me, the part of Brooklyn I traveled to felt like a trendier San Francisco minus the North Face sweaters and vests, oh and that sad sad fog...
If you don't walk on the correct lane, you can get easily run-over by the bicyclists. True story brah
This is the view on your right walking from Manhattan to Brooklyn.
Look to your left and you see this.
 Take a rest stop and you get this
Look up and you see this.

My friend Taye took us to Williamsburg...and I fell in love with every inch of it.
 I absolutely love this place. You can find trendy vintage items, handmade jewelry, one-of-a-kind gifts and even meet and greet the creative local artists.
Absolutely stunning dress.  The neck is reminiscent of the Ao Dai.

Little nick nacks
Definitely a great area to sit and go people watching.

I love the back of her shirt.
Moving along, we were taken to an outdoors Sunday Market. This place is trendier and way way more expensive than the Pasadena Rosebowl, so be prepared to spend some serious $$ for used clothing and furniture. Nonetheless, it's great to be inspired and learn from the local artists and craftsmen.
This is so clever! All throughout school, I've always doodled on post-its, but never thought of piecing them together!
I spy Dear Daniel.
This screams Daniel Daniel
"Daniel buy me buy me"
If it weren't for my student loans accruing interest and funemployment...this bag will...you get my drift.
The artist talking to us about his concoction and concepts...  i love his sunglasses
 His awesome bike. He mentioned that he was a bike addict and owns about 10 of em.
Daniel trying on plaid while I carry his murse.
 Daniel trying on wool in 90 degree weather. I am amazed.

"Daniel, you have something just like that. STOP" the first time im telling someone other than myself to refrain from buying something.

Just browsing.
After meandering our way out of the petite market, we took a rest at this park right outside.
We were awarded with this spectacular view! I wish I could capture more of it, but there's no way I can carry that huge wide angle lens.

Plenty of photo ops in the streets.

someone left a painted guitar...
More street art.
Okay I lied, the more I look at these pictures, the more I see that its a combo of SF and Venice Beach.
Hey Leigh this is for you. I really thought of you.
 Taye became a chain smoker...waiting for us. Thanks Taye! <3
Waddup

 even the construction looks like art.
 I wished we had more time here. There's so much to see.
 mmhmm







Our wonderful, awesome, patient and kind guide Taye.

No comments:

Post a Comment