Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mohonk Mt House - Upstate NY

My cousin and I drove to upstate NY to see foliage before its too late


Pull out your camera, record anything any angle anywhere and you will swear photography is your thang, but as you take your satisfied eyes away from the viewfinder to scan your surroundings, you feel a bit overwhelmed, helpless and realize that it is fucking impossible to take everything (esp in RAW) with you in your 16GB piece o shizz memory card & that it's not you or your skills...but just this incredible place...& you wish your friends and family experience rather than see these static ~70mm photographs taken by your crop sensor camera.

This was definitely the weekend before Hurricane Sandy came.


I was extremely lucky to see the very last bit of foliage before the large storm.
Kinda eerie
No words or photographs can describe this place, but a little imagination would do my amateur photos and basic words some justice.
 The calm before a huge ass storm. This was a few days before Sandy's arrival. Landscape still dabbed with some Fall colors.
Calm
 Oh hay GIS nerds.



Wood you like to take a dip?

Okay, I would be crazy to dress up like this to go hiking. This was a totally impromptu/ spur of the moment kinda thang. So sad that I never get to whoop out my brand new 100$ hiking boots that my Geography professor sponsored.

1 comment: