Saturday, September 22, 2012

Old Town Alexandria

I was itching to come back to Old Town after Shane and Karen had given me a quick car tour of this place. Old town is just across the Potomac River from D.C. Just get off the metro at King Street. I just drove here and paid a few bucks for street parking.
As the name speaks for itself, Old Town Alexandria is a historic town established in 1749 and to this day many homes are still preserved as it was back in the colonial times, with plaques to mark its historical significance and antiquity.

Old Town is a waterfront established by Scottish merchants and was an important port during the revolutionary and Civil War periods.
Now, it is home to many restaurants, art galleries, boutiques, cobblestone sidewalks, and preserved historical homes.
LA La La la...I was supposed to study at the Starbucks right by the Potomac River, but was seduced by the beauty of the town so decided to walk around instead.
The Starbucks was a an Inn...pretty cool brah.
 This is my nephew Dan that I dragged along with me. Yes, he is quite big. Blame all the children my grandparents and their siblings had. We obviously did not get any work done, or school work...
The inside of this Starbucks was well preserved.
Stumbled into a home decor store...
 I Scream for ICe CreAM

This seriously feels like a scene fr Harry Potter.

Blue
This was an accessories store...and no...it was not called "up up and away"

Love this.






Art galleries after another..




Cobblestone streets. Do not wear heels.
Really surprised to find this place.

 Old Church
Met this gorgeous woman enjoying her cigarette..and I just had to photograph her. Yes I asked for her permission before I did this.
I love her glasses.
I don't know what this is. I just like the storefront colors.
These plaques are placed on the outside of the historic buildings and homes.
 Look they use colonial street lights.

Its really nice to just walk around here...Demographically speaking, it is definitely an older crowd...
goodbye, see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment